Saturday, September 18, 2010

Subway station art




I take the A train next to the American Museum of Natural History almost everyday. The the train station is covered with replicas of dinosour fossils, images of animals, etc. My favorite is the hyena. I used to confuse it with the Tasmanian's Devil, but more recently realized it's a hyena.



Yesterday while waiting for the train a Japanese little boy and his father came into the platform. The boy was probably 2 or 3, and neither of them spoke any English. The boy came in, saw the tile bug on the wall, and immediately jumped to crush it while exclaiming, "Whack!!!" excitedly. I had no idea what his father might have said but I was laughing hysterically. He thought it was real, BIG bug and tried to kill it!


Sassy




No comments:

Post a Comment